37th Annual Youth Singles Championship
Sponsored by the
Greater Buffalo USBC Association
**Certified by the United States Bowling Congress**
Saturday, February 5, 2022
Sunday, February 6, 2022
AMF Lancaster Lanes
4913 Transit Road
Depew, New York
Latina Boulevard Foods
The ZLC Company
ALL GREATER BUFFALO USBC ASSOCIATION YOUTH BOWLERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER AS ARE
MEMBERS OF NEIGHBORING ASSOCIATIONS WHO PURCHASE A BASIC GBUSBCA MEMBERSHIP FOR $5
$1,000 MINIMUM IN SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED
Handicap – 100% of the difference between average and base
RESERVATIONS CLOSE JANUARY 28, 2022
WALK-INS & RE-ENTRIES ($2 ADDITIONAL) ALLOWED BASED ON LANE AVAILABILITY
Jr. & Major/Sr. $23.00
LINEAGE $ 8.25
AWARDS $ 2.50
EXPENSES $ 4.25
SCHOLARSHIP FEES $ 8.00
(Jr. or Major/Sr.)
Mail completed entry with check or money order to:
Greater Buffalo USBC Association
2448 Union Rd
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
For reservations, call (716) 668-4222
Enter online @ www.GBUSBC.com
SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIP RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Classification for this tournament will be as follows:
Bantams 8 years old & under 150 base average Preps 9 years old through 11 years old 180 base average Juniors 12 years old through 14 years old 200 base average Major/Sr. Handicap & Scratch 15 years old through 17 years old or a 9th -, 10th -, 11th – or 12th
– grade 210 base average student and those out of high school but under 18 years old. Boys over a 210 average must bowl in Scratch Division.
2. ELIGIBILITY – All bowlers must be members of the Greater Buffalo USBC Association for the current season. THOSE BOWLING IN A NEIGHBORING ASSOCIATION MAY PURCHASE A BASIC LOCAL MEMBERSHIP FOR $5 TO BE ELIGIBLE.
3. Tournament is a 3-game singles event. Scholarships are valued at $100 in the Junior Division and $200 in the Major/Sr. Handicap and Scratch Divisions will be awarded.
4. HANDICAP – Handicap will be based on 100% of the difference between the entering average and the base listed in Rule #1 above.
5. Bowlers may bowl ONLY IN ONE DIVISION, which they qualify for by age, gender, and average.
6. Pre-paid entries and reservations close on January 28, 2022. Walk-ins and re-entries (add $2 to entry fee) will be allowed based on lane availability but will not be accepted after the start of the last squad.
7. AWARDS – Award fees will be returned 100%. No cash or merchandise awards will be given. Scholarship awards will be given in the Junior and Major/Sr. Divisions. Additional scholarships may be awarded. One award will be given for every 8 entries in all divisions. If any division has less than 8 entries, the male and female divisions may be combined.
8. AVERAGE RULE – Bowlers must use their highest 2020-21 verifiable average whether certified or uncertified. If current season average for 12 games or more (as of 1/17/22) is 10 or more pins higher or bowler does not have a 2020-21 verifiable average, their average as of 1/17/22 will be used and must be verified by the league coach. All others bowl scratch.
9. CHECK-IN – Check-in time is 30-45 minutes before assigned squad time.
10. Tardy bowlers shall begin with the frame the bowlers are in when they arrive and will receive zero pins for frames missed.
11. No vacancy scores are permitted.
12. Suitable attire is required. Hats and electronic devices are not permitted. There will be NO SMOKING, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, OR FOUL LANGUAGE. Violators will be asked to leave.
13. Only the bowlers and tournament officials are allowed in the playing area. No refreshments are allowed in the playing area and there is no coaching in the player area during the competition.
14. All other rules and regulations of the USBC Youth Division will be abided by during this tournament. Protests regarding scoring errors must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Director within 24 hours of the completion of tournament bowling.
15. In the event of a tie, duplicate awards will be given. In the Junior and Major/Sr. Divisions, the scholarship award will be split. All scholarships won will be administered by the Greater Buffalo USBC through the SMART program.
16. Tournament management reserves the right to add squads.
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY – Bowlers can earn an additional $125 scholarship entering both our Singles Championship and Doubles Championship tournaments for a fee of $5. Your first series bowled in each of the tournaments will be combined to determine a 6-Game-Combine score. There are four divisions (Boys 176 and over, 175 and under; Girls 176 and over, 175 and under). Bowler with highest score in each division will win the scholarship. Handicap will be based on 100% of 220.
THERE WILL BE A $30 FEE
FOR RETURNED CHECKS.