55th Annual Family Tournament
Sponsored by the
Greater Buffalo USBC Association
**Certified by the United States Bowling Congress**
November 12 and 13, 2022
1840 Abbott Road
Lackawanna, NY 14218
The ZLC Company
Salvatore’s Italian Prime
ALL GREATER BUFFALO USBC ASSOCIATION YOUTH BOWLERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER AS ARE MEMBERS
OF NEIGHBORING ASSOCIATIONS WHO PURCHASE A LOCAL GBUSBCA YOUTH MEMBERSHIP FOR $6
$150 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDED TO 1ST PLACE YOUTH IN EACH DIVISION
Multiple Participation Allowed
Handicap – 100% of 230
(For additional scholarship opportunity, see bottom of rule page)
**Reservations close November 4, 2022**
Walk-ins/Rentries are allowed but must be registered 30 minutes prior to squad start time. (add $2)
ENTRY FEE – $36.00 – Additional fees:
Adults $5, Youth $5 for non-GBUSBC members
SCHOLARSHIP $ 6.50
AWARDS FEE $ 4.25
BOWLING FEE $18.00
Mail completed entry with check or money order to:
2448 Union Rd
Greater Buffalo USBC Association
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
FAMILY TOURNAMENT RULES AND INFORMATION
1. Youth bowler must be a member of the Greater Buffalo USBC Association for the current season. Those bowling in a neighboring association may purchase a Local GBUSBCA Youth Membership for $6 to be eligible.
2. Adult partner must either be a current USBC member, purchase a USBC Associate Membership for $25, or pay a participation fee of $5. If the participation fee is paid, it entitles them to compete in this tournament only, and the bowler will not be eligible for USBC individual awards.
3. Youth members may bowl in each division for which he/she is eligible. The same partners may bowl together a maximum of three times. Youths and adults may bowl more than three times in any division as long as they change partners.
A. Youth members must use their highest 2021-22 verifiable average whether certified or uncertified. If current-season average for 12 games or more (as of 10/17/22) is 10 or more pins higher, the 10/17/22 average must be used and verified by the head coach. If no verifiable average for the 2021-22 season is available, the highest current-season average of 12 games or more (as of 10/17/22) shall be used. If bowler reaches 12 games after 10/17/22, the current average may be used. All others bowl scratch. Please note: Printout of individual average sheet must accompany entry.
B. Adult partner must use their highest 2021-22 USBC-certified average. If none, a verifiable 2021-22 average may be used. If neither, a verifiable current-season for 12 games or more (as of 10/17/22) may be used.
Men without an average as outlined above will enter with a 215 average and receive 15 pins handicap. Women without an average as outlined above will enter with a 180 average and receive 50 pins handicap. It will be at the tournament manager’s discretion to rate a bowler at a higher average if any previous season average is discovered to be higher. This rating may be made upon discovery either before or after tournament participation.
Please note… It is the bowler’s responsibility to verify their own average. If the submitted average is lower than the actual average and resulted in more handicap, the bowler’s score will be adjusted and he or she could face disqualification. If the submitted average is higher than the actual average, the standings will be based on the submitted average.
5. Substitutes may be used if the tournament official is notified at least one hour prior to starting time.
6. No Vacancy Scores will be permitted.
7. Protests regarding scoring errors must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Director within 24 hours of the completion of tournament bowling.
8. Check-in time is 30-45 minutes before the assigned squad time.
9. Tardy bowlers will begin with the frame the tournament is in when they arrive and will receive zero (0) for any frames missed.
10. Tournament shall be a three-game doubles event.
11. Awards fee will be returned 100% in awards. NO cash or merchandise awards are given. Prizes will be given at a ratio of at least one prize for every eight entries in each division. The same partners cannot place more than once in each division.
12. Suitable attire is required. Hats and electronic devices are not permitted. There will be NO SMOKING, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, OR FOUL LANGUAGE. Violators will be asked to leave.
13. Prepaid entries and reservations close November 4, 2022. Walk-ins/Re-entries allowed ($38), but must be registered 30 minutes prior to start time. The Tournament Director reserves all rights regarding this rule.
14. All scholarships won will be administered by the Greater Buffalo USBC Association through the SMART program.
ADDITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY – Bowlers can earn an additional $125 scholarship entering both our Singles Championship and Doubles Championship tournaments for a fee of $5. Your first series bowled in each of the tournaments will be combined to determine a 6-Game-Combine score. There are four divisions (Boys 176 and over, 175 and under; Girls 176 and over, 175 and under). Bowler with highest score in each division will win the scholarship. Handicap will be based on 100% of 220.
THERE WILL BE A $30 CHARGE
FOR RETURNED CHECKS.