2022 YOUTH DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP
Sponsored by the
Greater Buffalo USBC Association
**Certified by the United States Bowling Congress**
February 27, March 5 and 6, 2022
AMF Lancaster Lanes
4913 Transit Road
Depew, New York
Latina Boulevard Foods
The ZLC Company
ALL GREATER BUFFALO USBC ASSOCIATION YOUTH BOWLERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER AS ARE MEMBERS
OF NEIGHBORING ASSOCIATIONS WHO PURCHASE A BASIC GBUSBCA MEMBERSHIP FOR $5
$500 Minimum in Scholarships Awarded
Multiple Participation Allowed
Handicap – 100% of 220
**Reservations close February 18, 2022**
Walk-ins and re-entries are allowed (add $4)
TOTAL ENTRY FEE – $40.00
$20.00 per bowler
SCHOLARSHIP (per bowler) $ 6.50
AWARDS FEE (per bowler) $ 2.25
BOWLING FEE (per bowler) $ 8.25
EXPENSES (per bowler) $ 3.00
Mail completed entry with check
or money order to:
Greater Buffalo USBC Association
2448 Union Rd
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
YOUTH DOUBLES CHAMPIONSHIP RULES AND INFORMATION
1. All bowlers must be members of the Greater Buffalo USBC Association for the current season. Those bowling in a neighboring association may purchase a GBUSBCA Basic Membership for $5 to be eligible.
2. Tournament will be a three-game doubles event.
3. Handicap will be 100% of 220 in all divisions. Highest scratch doubles series will earn a scholarship.
4. Award fees will be returned 100%. NO cash or merchandise awards will be given. Scholarship awards will be given to the 1st place team in each division. One award will be given for every eight entries in each division. SAME PARTNERS CANNOT PLACE MORE THAN ONCE IN EACH DIVISION.
Bowlers must use their highest 2020-21 verifiable average whether certified or uncertified. If current-season average for 12 games or more as of 2/7/22 is 10 or more pins higher, or the bowler does not have a 2020-21 verifiable average, the 2/7/22 average must be used and verified by the head coach. All others bowl scratch. Printout of individual average sheet must accompany entry.
Please note… It is the bowler’s responsibility to verify their own average. If the submitted average is lower than the actual average and resulted in more handicap, the bowler’s score will be adjusted and he or she could face disqualification. If the submitted average is higher than the actual average, the standings will be based on the submitted average.
6. Substitutes may be used if the tournament official is notified at least one hour prior to starting time.
7. No Vacancy Scores will be permitted.
8. Check-in time is 30-45 minutes before the assigned squad time.
9. Tardy bowlers will begin with the frame the tournament is in when they arrive and will receive zero (0) for any frames missed.
10. Suitable attire is required. Hats and electronic devices are not permitted. There will be NO SMOKING, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, OR FOUL LANGUAGE. Violators will be asked to leave.
11. Only the bowlers and tournament officials are allowed in the playing area. No refreshments are allowed in the playing area and there is no coaching in the bowler area during the competition.
12. Pre-paid entries and reservations close February 19. Walk-ins and re-entries will be allowed ($42) if lanes are available but will not be accepted after the start of the last squad. The Tournament Director reserves all rights regarding this rule.
13. In the event of a tie affecting the scholarship award in Division A, B, or C, the scholarship awards will be divided evenly between the teams affected.
14. All scholarships won will be administered by the Greater Buffalo USBC Association through the SMART program.
15. All rules and regulations of USBC will be observed during this tournament. Protests regarding scoring errors must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Director within 24 hours of the completion of tournament bowling.