2022 Senior Women’s Singles Tournament
Sponsored by the Greater Buffalo USBC Association
**Certified by the United States Bowling Congress**
November 5 and 6, 2022
AMF Lancaster Lanes
4913 Transit Road
Depew, New York
All Greater Buffalo USBC Association women bowlers age 50 and over are eligible to enter, as are
members of neighboring associations who purchase a Local GBUSBCA Senior Membership for $3.
The winner in each division receives a paid entry into the 2023 New York State USBC
Senior Women’s Singles Championship along with $50 towards travel expenses.
Handicap – 100% of 230
Prize Ratio – one prize per six entries
**RESERVATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2022**
Entries accepted through November 3
NO WALK-INS (see Rule 5)
Class A 70 Years & Over
Class B 60 to 69 Years
Class C 50 to 59 Years
Age as of November 5, 2022,
determines age class.
ENTRY FEE – $20 ($21 online)
Additional dues: $3 for non-GBUSBCA members
PRIZE FUND $9.00
BOWLING FEE $8.25
TOURNAMENT RULES AND INFORMATION
- THIS TOURNAMENT IS CERTIFIED BY THE UNITED STATES BOWLING CONGRESS. ALL TOURNAMENT GAMES SHALL BE PLAYED IN STRICT COMPLIANCE WITH USBC PLAYING RULES.
- ELIGIBILITY – All participants must be female and 50 years of age or older as of November 5, 2022, and a member of the Greater Buffalo USBC Association for the current season. THOSE BOWLING IN A NEIGHBORING ASSOCIATION MAY PURCHASE A LOCAL SENIOR MEMBERSHIP FOR $3 TO BE ELIGIBLE. The $3 membership covers this tournament and our Senior Open only. Photo ID must be available at check-in.
- HANDICAP AND ENTERING AVERAGE – Handicap will be based on 100% of the difference between the bowler’s entering average and 230. The entering average will be the participant’s HIGHEST USBC-certified average for 21 games or more from the 2021-22 season, whether from a winter or summer league. Any entrant without an average from the 2021-22 season will use the higher of either their highest USBC-certified average from the 2020-21 season or their highest average as of October 24, 2022 (minimum 12 games). Bring verification/printout signed by the league secretary with you. Any bowler without an average under these rules must bowl scratch. ALL AVERAGES WILL BE VERIFIED.
- AVERAGE ADJUSTMENT & VERIFICATION – The following rules have been waived: Rule 319a-1b; Rule 319a-2; Rule 319d; Rule 319e.
IT SHALL BE EACH BOWLER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY THE ACCURACY OF THEIR AVERAGE IN HANDICAP OR CLASSIFIED TOURNAMENTS, WHETHER THE AVERAGE WAS ORIGINALLY SUBMITTED BY THE BOWLER OR OTHERS. FAILURE TO USE THE PROPER AVERAGE MAY DISQUALIFY SCORE IF SUBMITTED AVERAGE IS LOWER THAN ACTUAL AVERAGE OR CAUSE PRIZE WINNINGS TO BE BASED ON SUBMITTED AVERAGE IF IT IS HIGHER.
- PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS – Bowlers who submit an entry by November 3 may then submit an additional entry at any time, including at the tournament site, based on lane availability; however, they may cash only once.
- PRIZES AND AWARDS – PRIZE FEES WILL BE RETURNED 100%.
Prize ratio will be at least one prize for every six entries or fraction thereof. All prizes will be paid for scores with handicap for 3-game series. There will be a separate prize list for each age class.
The participant in each class with the highest score with handicap will receive a $50 stipend for travel expenses to the 2023 New York State Women’s Senior Singles Championships along with their entry fee into that tournament, both to be paid from the Greater Buffalo USBC Association tournament account. If the designee in any age class cannot bowl in the NYS Women’s Senior Singles Championships, then the first alternate from the same age class may be sent.
In the event of a first-place tie, duplicate awards will be given and co-champions will be declared; however, the entry to the New York State Women’s Senior Singles Championships and travel allowance will be awarded to the bowler with the higher scratch score.
7. DISTRIBUTION OF ENTRY FEES – Entry fees charged for this tournament are distributed as follows:
PRIZE FEE $9.00
BOWLING FEE $8.25
TOURNAMENT EXPENSE FEE $2.75
TOTAL ENTRY FEE $20.00*
*See Rule 2 for eligibility requirements.