48th Stan Kowalski Senior Singles Tournament
Sponsored by the
Greater Buffalo USBC Association
**Certified by the United States Bowling Congress**
Saturday, April 17, 2021
Sunday, April 18, 2021
AMF Airport Lanes
3754 Genesee Street
Cheektowaga, New York
All Greater Buffalo USBC Association bowlers age 50 and over are eligible to enter,
as are members of neighboring associations who purchase a basic GBUSBCA membership for $3.
GBUSBCA is contributing an extra $800 to the prize fund!
The winner in each division receives a paid entry into the 2021 New York
State USBC Seniors Championship along with $50 towards travel expenses.
Handicap – 100% of 230 Rules on reverse side
**RESERVATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY, APRIL 9, 2021**
Class AA ($20) – 75 Years & Over
Class A ($20) – 70 to 74 Years
Class B ($25) – 65 to 69 Years
Class C ($25) – 60 to 64 Years
Class D ($25) – 55 to 59 Years
Class E ($25) – 50 to 54 Years
Age as of April 17, 2021,
determines age classification.
($1 added for online entry)
Dues of $3 for non-GBUSBCA members must be paid by day of bowling.
CLASSES B, C, D, & E $25
CLASSES A & AA $20
GBUSBCA will add $800 to the prize fund.
TOURNAMENT RULES AND INFORMATION
1. This tournament is certified by the United States Bowling Congress. All tournament games shall be played in strict compliance with USBC playing rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY – All participants must be 50 years of age or older as of April 17, 2021, and a member of the Greater Buffalo USBC Association for the current season. THOSE BOWLING IN A NEIGHBORING ASSOCIATION MAY PURCHASE A BASIC LOCAL MEMBERSHIP FOR $3 TO BE ELIGIBLE. Photo ID must be presented at check-in.
3. HANDICAP AND ENTERING AVERAGE – Handicap will be based on 100% of the difference between the bowler’s entering average and 230. Highest official average for the 2019-20 season, in any USBC-certified winter or summer league, wherever bowled, must be used. A bowler who has no official average for the 2019-20 season must use their highest official average from either the 2018-19 season or their highest USBC-certified average for 21 games or more as of March 1, 2021, whichever is higher. A bowler who attains 21 games after March 1 but before they bowl in this tournament may use their 21-game average. Documentation will be required. A bowler who does not have an official average for any of the above will be accepted as a “scratch” bowler and receive zero handicap pins. A bowler who has a current-season average as of March 1, 2021, that is 10 pins or higher than their 2019-20 average, must use their current-season average and must provide verification at or prior to the tournament. Rule 319a-1 is waived.
4. AVERAGE ADJUSTMENT AND VERIFICATION – All participants are required to familiarize themselves with the provisions of USBC Rule 319e pertaining to re-rating, and participation will be governed by application of that rule.
A participant must report previous tournament winnings in excess of $300 in any event of any tournament in the 12 months immediately preceding the start of this tournament. Information provided must include tournament name, location, the event, actual score, position of finish in the event, and the amount won.
The tournament manager reserves the right to re-rate or reject any entrant prior to participation.
It shall be each bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of their average in handicap or classified tournaments,
whether the average was originally submitted by the bowler or others. Failure to use the proper average may disqualify score if submitted average is lower than actual average or cause prize winnings to be based on submitted average if it is higher.
5. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS – Bowlers who submit an entry by April 16 may then submit additional entries at any time, including at the tournament site, based on lane availability; however, they may cash only once.
6. PRIZES AND AWARDS – PRIZE FEES WILL BE RETURNED 100%. In Classes AA and A, the prize ratio will be at least one prize for every five entries or fraction thereof. In Classes B, C, D, and E, the prize ratio will be at least one prize for every six entries or fraction thereof. All prizes will be paid for scores with handicap for 3-game series. There will be a separate prize list for each age classification.
If the participant in each age classification with the highest score with handicap chooses to bowl in the 2021 New York State USBC Seniors Championship Tournament, their entry fee for that tournament and a $50 travel allowance will be paid from the expense fees from this tournament. In the event of a first-place tie, duplicate awards will be given and co-champions will be declared; however, the entry into the 2021 New York State USBC Seniors Championship Tournament and travel allowance will be awarded to the bowler with the higher scratch score.
If the champion in any age division cannot bowl in the 2021 New York State USBC Seniors Championship Tournament, then the first alternate from the same age division may be sent. State tournament pairings will be left to the discretion of the Greater Buffalo USBC Association.
7. DISTRIBUTION OF ENTRY FEES – Entry fees charged for this tournament are distributed as follows:
Class AA & A – Class B, C, D, E
PRIZE FEE $11.25 – $16.25
BOWLING FEE $ 6.75 – $ 6.75
EXPENSE FEE $ 2.00 – $ 2.00
TOTAL ENTRY FEE $20.00* – $25.00*
*If not currently a member of the
Greater Buffalo USBC, you must add
$3 for a basic GBUSBCA membership.