League President/League Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
The President has many important responsibilities, which are outlined fully in the USBC Playing Rules. Print out the League Quick-Start Checklist for reference. Below are details of your duties.
In youth leagues that have a board, the youth president should assist the league supervisor with the duties of the president.
Arrange for an account to be opened in the league name at a federally insured and recognized bank, credit
union or in-house banking service.
- The account must have at least two league officers’ signatures for all fund withdrawals. Immediate family members cannot sign for withdrawals.
- Account statements are sent to the president for verification purposes.
- Verify the league accounts monthly. See the President Worksheet to Verify League Account Monthly.
Schedule league meetings at convenient times and locations for league members. Since you are the chair of the meeting, prepare an agenda. For details review the information under the Meetings section of the League Operations Handbook or the Rules page under League Resources of BOWL.com. You may vote on all issues.
Appoint committees. The league MUST have a Prize and Audit committee.
- Ensure the Prize Committee submits at least one prize list for adoption by the league by week five (5). A meeting should be scheduled to do so.
- You also must ensure the Audit Committee completes the audit prior to the end of the season.
- Encourage the treasurer to assist both committees.
Since part of your duties is to enforce the rules, become familiar with the rules changes for the upcoming season as well as rules that affect the league. Rules changes are found in the USBC Playing Rules and on the Rules page of BOWL.com.