55th Annual “Me & Mine” Handicap Tournament
Sponsored by the
Greater Buffalo USBC Association
**Certified by the United States Bowling Congress**
February 19, 20, 26 & 27, 2022
AMF Lancaster Lanes
4913 Transit Road
Depew, New York
GBUSBCA IS CONTRIBUTING AN EXTRA $1,500 TO THE PRIZE FUND
One participant of team must be a Greater Buffalo USBC Association member
Multiple Participation Allowed
Handicap – 100% of 230
One prize for every six entries
Walk-ins allowed based on lane availability, fee – (add $2 per team)
|All teams must consist of 1 male and 1 female||ENTRY FEE - $30.00 ($32 online)||Mail completed entry with check or money order to:|
|Division A (351 Average and Over)||PRIZE FEE (per bowler) $ 5.00|
BOWLING FEE (per bowler) $ 8.25
|Greater Buffalo USBC Association
2448 Union Rd
|Division B (350 Average and Under)||EXPENSES (per bowler) $ 1.75|
TOTAL PER BOWLER $15.00
|Cheektowaga, NY 14227|
TOURNAMENT RULES AND INFORMATION
1. THIS TOURNAMENT IS CERTIFIED BY THE UNITED STATES BOWLING CONGRESS. ALL TOURNAMENT GAMES SHALL BE PLAYED IN STRICT COMPLIANCE WITH USBC PLAYING RULES.
2. ELIGIBILITY – One participant of each team must be a member of the Greater Buffalo USBC Association for the current season. Any bowler who does not qualify under the membership portion of this rule may become eligible through purchase of a USBC associate membership ($22) PROVIDED they have been a resident within the jurisdiction of the Greater Buffalo USBC Association for at least 30 days prior to the date of bowling or by purchase of a local GBUSBCA membership ($8) if already certified through a neighboring association (Tonawanda, Lockport, Niagara Falls, etc.). The second bowler, if not holding a USBC membership, may then pay a participation fee of $5, which allows them to bowl in this tournament only. Bowlers paying the participation fee are NOT eligible for USBC awards. Proof of eligibility may be required at time of bowling. Photo ID must be available at check-in.
3. HANDICAP AND ENTERING AVERAGE – Handicap will be based on 100% of the difference between the bowler’s entering average and 230. Highest official average for the 2020-21 season, in any USBC-certified winter or summer league, wherever bowled, must be used. A bowler who has no official average for the 2020-21 season must use their highest official average from the 2019-20 season or their highest USBC-certified average of 12 games or more as of the date they bowl in this tournament, whichever is higher. IN ADDITION, ANY BOWLER WHO HAS A CURRENT 21-GAME AVERAGE WHICH IS 10 OR MORE PINS HIGHER THAN THEIR 2020-21 AVERAGE MUST USE THE CURRENT AVERAGE. All averages will be verified. BOWLERS USING A CURRENT-SEASON AVERAGE MUST HAVE SECRETARY VERIFICATION FROM EACH LEAGUE IN WHICH THEY BOWL.
Men without an average as outlined above will enter with a 215 average and receive 15 pins handicap. Women without an average as outlined above will enter with a 180 average and receive 50 pins handicap. It will be at the tournament manager’s discretion to rate a bowler at a higher average if any previous season average is discovered to be higher. This rating may be made upon discovery either before or after tournament participation.
4. AVERAGE ADJUSTMENT AND VERIFICATION – The following USBC rule has been waived: Rule 319a-1b; ALL OTHER CONDITIONS OF RULE 319 APPLY.
It shall be each bowler’s responsibility to verify the accuracy of their average in handicap or classified tournaments, whether the average was originally submitted by the bowler, their captain, or others. Failure to use the proper average may disqualify score if submitted average is lower than actual average or cause prize winnings to be based on submitted average if it is higher. If illegal average is discovered after prize money has been paid, it must be returned to the tournament, or bowlers are subject to suspension of USBC membership.
5. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS – Bowlers are permitted to enter the tournament multiple times with the same or a different partner, but may cash only once with the same partner.
6. PRIZES AND AWARDS – PRIZE FEES WILL BE RETURNED 100%.
Prize ratio will be one prize for every six entries or fraction thereof. All prizes will be paid for scores with handicap. There will be a separate prize list for each division.
7. DISTRIBUTION OF ENTRY FEES – Entry fees charged for this tournament are distributed as follows:
Prize Fee $ 5.00
Bowling Fee $ 8.25
Expense Fee $ 1.75
Total Fee (per bowler) $15.00
Total Entry Fee per Team $30.00
Walk-in Entries ($32.00)
Online Entries ($32.00)